Abhisam is pleased to announce that the Abhisam Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) workshop will be held from 9-10 March 2018 in Powai, Mumbai.
Call Now on 7208060349 to get more information & register.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a much talked about technology in the press, yet many of the use cases shown are from the domestic and consumer world such as Fitbits (personal fitness monitors) and smart homes. However the most valuable part of the IoT ecosystem will be what is known as the Industrial IoT. This part will be as much as 70% (by value) of the entire IoT market and it is important for everybody in industry and business to know. The IIoT does not refer to just pure industrial applications of IoT but also those which are a blend of industrial and enterprise applications, such as integrated cold chains, logistics applications, electrical distribution and utilities, just to name a few.
To enable engineers, technologists and managers to learn about this exciting new technology, Abhisam has organized the Industrial Internet of Things workshop. This intensive two day hands on workshop will cover all aspects of the IIoT and is not just for hobbyists but for practicing engineers and technologists who wish to know about it and participate in this new world.
All participants will get a Certificate of Participation from Abhisam.
Module 1- Basic Concepts
- Introduction to Things
- Introduction to IoT- Background & History
- How is IIoT different from plain vanilla IoT?
- Challenges facing IIoT due to the I part
- Types of Sensors, Transmitters, Control Systems & Actuators
- Introduction to RFID Technology & its role in IoT
- Characteristics of Industrial Devices-
- Traditional Data Acquisition & Control Architectures- PLC/DCS/SCADA/SIS
- Changes in legacy architectures due to to IIoT
- Industry 4.0 Concepts
Module 2- IIoT Architectures
- Understanding Industrial applications
- Designing viable IIoT Architectures
- Machine Automation applications versus Process Automation applications
- Field Devices in IIoT
- Connecting legacy I/Os – Analog 4-20 mA, Fieldbus, Wireless devices and Gateways
- Communication Protocols (including OSI Model and TCP/IP, MQTT, HTTP, REST)
- Cybersecurity Considerations- Authentication, Encryption, Security Certificates, SSL
Module 3- IIoT Platforms
- Characteristics of IIoT platforms- Open Source, Third Party or Dedicated
- What is the Cloud? Why use it? Fog, Private Cloud & Public Cloud
- Digitalization & Virtualization
- Digital Twin Concept
- Analytics & Dashboards
- Practical Exercise- Use Microsoft Azure as an IIoT platform
- Using other platforms such as Amazon (AWS), SAP Leonardo
- Using dedicated specialty IoT Cloud platforms
Module 4- IIoT Standards & Interoperability
- Need for Common Taxonomy & Framework/Rules
- Developing Standards & Practices
- CENELEC/ IEC / ISO/ IEEE & ISA status on Standards
- Challenge of interoperability
Module 5-Practical Demo 1
- Building an IIoT Device
- Developing Specifications
- Selecting Field devices & the platform
- Configuring programs & parameters
- System integration & testing
Module 6-Practical Demo 2- Predictive Maintenance
Module 7-Practical Demo 3- Analytics Application
Q and A session
Click for More Details