Abhisam is pleased to announce a two day workshop on Hazardous Areas, in Thane on 27th and 28th Jan 2017. It will be led by a renowned Industry expert with decades of experience in working with hazardous areas and explosion protected equipment. The workshop will cover everything that you wanted to know about hazardous areas but did not know whom to ask! Broadly the contents covered are given below.
Day 1: Hazardous Areas, Standards & Classification
· Hazardous Area Concepts- Hazards related to Vapours, Gases & Dust
· Learning from past Incidents related to hazardous areas
· Explosion mechanisms
· Area, Material & Temperature Classification
· Hazardous Area Standards & Codes including Indian & IEC/NEC/CENELEC/ATEX
· Important Updates in above standards
· Release mechanisms, extent of releases, estimating extent of hazardous areas
· Practical exercise in Hazardous Area Classification & drawing preparation
Day 2: Hazardous Area Equipment (Electrical & Instrumentation)
· Explosion Protection philosophy for electrical & instrumentation
· Methods of Protection including Explosionproof, Intrinsic Safety (including using zener barriers & isolators in loop design), Increased Safety, Dust Ignition protection, Pressurization, Purging, Oil Immersion
· Standards & Practices related to Hazardous Area Equipment- National & International including changes in ATEX
· Differences in equipment with conformance to IEC-Ex, IS & ATEX
· Hazardous Area Equipment Specifications
· Installation of Ex protected equipment including cable glands, personal competency, certification, marking/labelling
· Inspection & Maintenance of Ex protected equipment/Testing of equipment
· Interactive Q A session
Who should attend?
Design Engineers & Consultants, Maintenance/ Operations Engineers and executives, Safety Executives and Managers, Government authorities, Instrumentation suppliers, Control System suppliers, Inspection agencies, Shipping terminal engineers and other engineering professionals who work with plants and facilities in Oil & Gas facilities, offshore installations, gas based power plants, fertilizer plants, shipping terminals, chemical plants, petrochemical plants, LNG/CNG storage and processing plants would find this workshop immensely useful.
What will you get?
1. World class vendor neutral training from expert having decades of experience in the field.
2. Training material handouts, lunch/tea/coffee & electronic Certificate of participation.
To enroll, please contact email@example.com
However if you are too busy to attend this, then you can also download our XPRTU software on Hazardous Area Instrumentation here.
Aug 9 , 2016- Abhisam’s Hazardous Area Workshop was held successfully on 5th and 6th Aug 2016 at Hotel Kohinoor Continental, Andheri, Mumbai. It was sold out a good two weeks before the start date! If you could not register for this one, look out for the next one that should take place in the next few months. The program was attended by engineers from Thyssenkrupp (UHDE), Siemens, L & T & others.
The workshop consisted of two programs, Program 1 (on 5th Aug 2016) covered Basic Concepts of flammability and explosivity of various materials, need for classification, area classification, material and temperature classification, how to designate Zones, practical exercises in marking these areas on plant layouts, things to consider including potential release points as well as quantities of materials released. It also covered a much neglected topic in the hazardous area field, namely dust explosions.
Program 2 (on 6th Aug 2016) covered the Basic Concepts of protection including various techniques such as Explosion proof, Flameproof, Intrinsic Safety, Non incendive and others, selection of equipment in new plants, maintenance of explosion protected equipment in plants, marking and labelling, differences in the various certifications such as ATEX versus IEC Ex. The session also included a Question and Answer session that was eminently conducted by Dr. B. K. Gupta, who has more than three decades of experience in the area of explosion protection and also a member of various standards committees that develop standards related to explosion protection. Typical questions answered were:
a) How does one test an explosionproof junction box?
b) Can one drill extra holes in such explosionproof Junction Boxes?
c) What should be the inspection frequency of explosion protected equipment?
d) How is Dust Ignition Proof protection different from Explosionproof protection?
e) What are the differences in ATEX Certification and IEC Ex?
f) Do ATEX certificates expire?
and many more. If you would also like to find the answers to these questions, then please sign up for the next such program OR download our Hazardous Area training course XPRTU software.
July 4, 2016– Abhisam is pleased to announce a new workshop that will teach engineers, technicians and safety professionals the basics of Safety Integrity Level and Functional Safety. This workshop will be held in association with Risknowlogy GmbH and will be an excellent preliminary training for doing the TUV Certified Functional Safety Professional course. This training will cover the following topics at an Introductory level.
* Functional Safety & Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS for short)
* International Standards (IEC 61508 and IEC 61511)
* Safety Life cycle
* Hazard & Risk Analysis basics
* Safety Functions-what are they?
* Failure Modes, Safe Failure Fraction
* Concepts of Demand, PFDavg, PFH, Spurious Trip Level (STL)
* Redundancy & Voting Logic, differences
* What is Safety Integrity Level (SIL) How do you determine SIL?
* Architectural Constraints
* What is SIL Verification? What is Validation?
* What is Functional Safety Assessment?
* What is Certification?
The participants need to be technically capable individuals who are working in industry or in a related field such as design engineering, project execution, etc. People working in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Power, Engineering consultancy service organizations, safety professionals, regulatory & government authorities, automation professionals will find it extremely useful.
The Mumbai workshop will be held on 16th Aug 2016 and the Chennai workshop will be held on 22nd Aug 2016. Contact us to enroll.
July4, 2016- Abhisam is pleased to announce a Hazardous Area Workshop in Mumbai on 5th and 6th Aug 2016. The workshop will train engineers, technicians and safety professionals in Hazardous Areas (also known as classified locations). The workshop will consist of two programs, you can enroll in either one or both. Program 1 (on 5th Aug 2016) will cover Basic Concepts of flammability and explosivity of various materials, need for classification, area classification, material and temperature classification, how to designate Zones, practical exercises in marking these areas on plant layouts, things to consider including potential release points as well as quantities of materials released. It will also cover various International standards (North American-NEC and European/IEC), the new ATEX regulations updated in 2016.
Program 2 (on 6th Aug 2016) will cover the Basic Concepts of protection including various techniques such as Explosion proof, Flameproof, Intrinsic Safety, Non incendive and others, selection of equipment in new plants, maintenance of explosion protected equipment in plants, marking and labelling. At the end of Program 2 will be a Question & Answer session moderated by Industry experts.
To participate in this workshop, please contact us via email or telephone.
Here are some pictures from our earlier workshops.