The Internet of Things (IoT) is a much talked about technology in the press, yet many of the use cases shown are from the domestic and consumer world such as Fitbits (personal fitness monitors) and smart homes. However the most valuable part of the IoT ecosystem will be what is known as the Industrial IoT. This part will be as much as 70% (by value) of the entire IoT market and it is important for everybody in industry and business to know. The IIoT does not refer to just pure industrial applications of IoT but also those which are a blend of industrial and enterprise applications, such as integrated cold chains, logistics applications, electrical distribution and utilities, just to name a few.
To enable engineers, technologists and managers to learn about this exciting new technology, Abhisam has organized the Industrial Internet of Things workshop. This intensive two day hands on workshop will cover all aspects of the IIoT and is not just for hobbyists but for practicing engineers and technologists who wish to know about it and participate in this new world.
All participants will get a Certificate of Participation from Abhisam.More Details Register Now
Module 1- Basic Concepts
Module 2- IIoT Architectures
Module 3- IIoT Platforms
Module 4- IIoT Standards & Interoperability
Module 5-Practical Demo 1
Module 6-Practical Demo 2- Predictive Maintenance
Module 7-Practical Demo 3- Analytics Application
Q and A sessionRegister Now
Click for More Details
Nov 7, 2017- The twenty second India batch of the renowned Certified Functional Safety Certification Course will take place from 20th to 23rd Nov 2017 in the Mumbai metropolitan region. This will be organized by Risknowlogy. Just like past batches, this batch is also seeing a good deal of interest from participants who not only wish to learn about Functional Safety and SIL but also earn International certification. This three and half day workshop will cover all aspects of Functional Safety with a special emphasis on IEC 61511, the de-facto Process Industry oriented Functional safety standard.
The first three days would be the training workshop and the last half day will be the written exam. The workshop will cover the following:
What you will get:
Who has attended this program earlier?
This program is held all over the world. Hundreds of companies, including major Fortune 500 corporations and other well known organizations, send their engineers and managers to this program. In India, it has been attended by participants from Aker, ONGC, EIL, BPCL, Reliance,UHDE, Jacobs, L & T, Petrofac, McDermott, Siemens, GE, Invensys, Cairn, Metso, Akzo Nobel, ABS, IRCA and many more…
Who is the trainer ?
The Trainer will be a qualified Functional Safety Expert, having decades of experience in Functional Safety, as well as training, who will travel from Europe, especially for the training. This means that not only will the participant get training from an expert, but also he/she can interact with somebody who has worked on several functional safety projects and problems and has expertise in clarifying any doubts about the subject with respect to the currently running projects that the participant may be involved in.
To participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 22 25330545
Oct 12, 2017– Abhisam is pleased to announce a Fieldbus Training Workshop in Thane and Mumbai, India on 27th and 28th Oct 2017. The workshop will cover major aspects of Fieldbus technology with theory as well as practical exercises on transmitters and valves, connected to a popular DCS. The workshop will be led by an experienced Abhisam Subject Matter Expert, who has more than 27 years of experience in the field of Instrumentation & Control Systems, all over the world and has completed several Fieldbus projects with thousands of I/Os.
A Certificate of Participation will be provided to all who participate in the workshop.
This unique workshop will cover the following topics.
Day 1: 27th Oct 2017- Location: Thane (near Castle Mills)
Time: 09:00 to 17:00 with 30 mins lunch break
Brief Outline of Topics Covered (Classroom Course)
1. Introduction to Bus Networks, types and Fieldbus Technology
2. Evolution from legacy measurement and control techniques
3. Introduction to FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART and Profibus protocols
4. OSI Model
5. Physical Layer Characteristics, H1, H2, HSE Networks
6. Foundation Fieldbus (FF) Power Supplies and Sizing
7. FF Topologies such as Daisy Chain, Chicken Foot, etc
8. FF Data Link Layer, Cyclic and Acyclic Communications, Link Master, Link Active Scheduler
9. FF User Layer, various blocks such as Transducer block, PID blocks, etc, Control in Field concept, Macrocycles.
10. Design Engineering considerations for a Fieldbus project
Day 2: 28th Oct 2017- Location : Mumbai suburbs
Time: 10:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs with 30 min lunch break
On this day the participants will be taken to a lab having a setup of vessels, pumps and piping with installed Fieldbus transmitters & valves and a DCS. They will be demonstrated various practical exercises such as
1. Planning and setting up a Fieldbus segment
2. Commissioning of FF devices and interfacing with a DCS
3. Implementing Control in the Field with smart positioners
3. Troubleshooting various problems
Seats are very limited as Abhisam wants it to be a small focused group and the fees are exceptionally low, as compared to any Fieldbus workshop with a comparable coverage. Contact us at email@example.com or call us on +91 22 21732956 to enroll.
For the moment these workshops will be held only in India and not the US.
If you are looking for a comprehensive e-learning Fieldbus course then take a look at our Fieldbus E-learning course here. After you get the course and take the associated exam, you can get a Certificate of Competency and an Electronic Badge as well, that you can share online.
Abhisam is pleased to announce a two day workshop on Hazardous Areas, in Thane on 27th and 28th Jan 2017. It will be led by a renowned Industry expert with decades of experience in working with hazardous areas and explosion protected equipment. The workshop will cover everything that you wanted to know about hazardous areas but did not know whom to ask! Broadly the contents covered are given below.
Day 1: Hazardous Areas, Standards & Classification
· Hazardous Area Concepts- Hazards related to Vapours, Gases & Dust
· Learning from past Incidents related to hazardous areas
· Explosion mechanisms
· Area, Material & Temperature Classification
· Hazardous Area Standards & Codes including Indian & IEC/NEC/CENELEC/ATEX
· Important Updates in above standards
· Release mechanisms, extent of releases, estimating extent of hazardous areas
· Practical exercise in Hazardous Area Classification & drawing preparation
Day 2: Hazardous Area Equipment (Electrical & Instrumentation)
· Explosion Protection philosophy for electrical & instrumentation
· Methods of Protection including Explosionproof, Intrinsic Safety (including using zener barriers & isolators in loop design), Increased Safety, Dust Ignition protection, Pressurization, Purging, Oil Immersion
· Standards & Practices related to Hazardous Area Equipment- National & International including changes in ATEX
· Differences in equipment with conformance to IEC-Ex, IS & ATEX
· Hazardous Area Equipment Specifications
· Installation of Ex protected equipment including cable glands, personal competency, certification, marking/labelling
· Inspection & Maintenance of Ex protected equipment/Testing of equipment
· Interactive Q A session
Who should attend?
Design Engineers & Consultants, Maintenance/ Operations Engineers and executives, Safety Executives and Managers, Government authorities, Instrumentation suppliers, Control System suppliers, Inspection agencies, Shipping terminal engineers and other engineering professionals who work with plants and facilities in Oil & Gas facilities, offshore installations, gas based power plants, fertilizer plants, shipping terminals, chemical plants, petrochemical plants, LNG/CNG storage and processing plants would find this workshop immensely useful.
What will you get?
1. World class vendor neutral training from expert having decades of experience in the field.
2. Training material handouts, lunch/tea/coffee & electronic Certificate of participation.
To enroll, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
However if you are too busy to attend this, then you can also download our XPRTU software on Hazardous Area Instrumentation here.
July 4, 2016– Abhisam is pleased to announce a new workshop that will teach engineers, technicians and safety professionals the basics of Safety Integrity Level and Functional Safety. This workshop will be held in association with Risknowlogy GmbH and will be an excellent preliminary training for doing the TUV Certified Functional Safety Professional course. This training will cover the following topics at an Introductory level.
* Functional Safety & Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS for short)
* International Standards (IEC 61508 and IEC 61511)
* Safety Life cycle
* Hazard & Risk Analysis basics
* Safety Functions-what are they?
* Failure Modes, Safe Failure Fraction
* Concepts of Demand, PFDavg, PFH, Spurious Trip Level (STL)
* Redundancy & Voting Logic, differences
* What is Safety Integrity Level (SIL) How do you determine SIL?
* Architectural Constraints
* What is SIL Verification? What is Validation?
* What is Functional Safety Assessment?
* What is Certification?
The participants need to be technically capable individuals who are working in industry or in a related field such as design engineering, project execution, etc. People working in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Power, Engineering consultancy service organizations, safety professionals, regulatory & government authorities, automation professionals will find it extremely useful.
The Mumbai workshop will be held on 16th Aug 2016 and the Chennai workshop will be held on 22nd Aug 2016. Contact us to enroll.