HAZARDOUS AREA WORKSHOP
Have you faced any of the questions below?
*How to classify hazardous areas?
* What is material classification? Temperature classification?
* How to mark hazardous areas on a drawing? How to estimate the extent of it?
*Which standards apply to me?
*What are the latest ATEX rules? How do I comply?
*How to select the proper equipment for use in hazardous areas? In a cost effective manner, yet without compromising safety of the plant or installation?
*How to design an Intrinsically Safe system? How do you choose between Explosionproof or Intrinsic Safety when you select your transmitters?
*How does one test an explosionproof junction box?
*What should be the inspection frequency of explosion protected equipment?
*How is Dust Ignition Proof protection different from Explosionproof protection? What are the differences in ATEX Certification and IEC Ex?
*Do ATEX certificates expire?
Get all your above questions answered easily when you attend our Hazardous Area workshops.
Our Hazardous Area workshops are SOLD OUT within days of being announced.
Hazardous Areas are those areas of plants or facilities where there is a risk of explosion due to flammable, volatile liquids & vapors, as also explosive dusts. They are present in Oil & Gas exploration & production, oil refining, petrochemical plants, chemical plants, fertilizer plants, shipping terminals and ships that carry hydrocarbons, large agricultural processing and storage plants, power plants, natural gas production and processing facilities and many other areas. The design of all equipment including instrumentation/electrical devices in such areas, has to be suitable for use in these areas. The workshop will cover all the information and techniques that you need to keep these areas safe to operate.
Day 1: Hazardous Area Classification
* Hazardous Area Basic Concepts (Fire Triangle, Flash Point, LEL/UEL, Auto Ignition, MIC, MESG,)
* Flammable liquids, explosive gases & vapours, explosive dusts
* Incidents related to hazardous areas
* Classification standards & codes
* Zones & Divisions, Material classification, temperature classification
* Release mechanisms, extent of releases, grades, layouts
* Preparing Area Classifications including drawings
* Case Study of a plant unit's area classification
A participation certificate (electronic) will be provided to all who attend the Day 1 workshop.
Day 2: Hazardous Area Instrumentation & Electricals
* Explosion Protection philosophy for electrical & instrumentation in hazardous areas
* Methods of Protection- Explosionproof, Intrinsically Safe, Increased Safety, Pressurization, Purging, Oil Immersion, Dust Ignition protection, Encapsulation
* Installation of Ex protected equipment- special requirements including cable glands, personnel competency, certification, marking/labelling
* Inspection & Maintenance of Ex protected equipment
* ATEX Directive including latest changes
* Interactive Q A session with experts
Too busy to attend the workshop, or stay far away but still need to get trained and certified? No worries, take our Hazardous Area XPRTU software based training (either online or download) and get certified. Easy to understand with animations & simulations, solved example problems, videos, assessments, real life plant site photos, make it a unique learning experience. See here for details.