About this Blended Learning Workshop
This one of a kind blended learning workshop from Abhisam is a unique learning experience.
The participants first attend the intensive 3 day classroom style workshop, lead by an Industry expert with nearly three decades of senior management experience in the process industries. All participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
After the workshop, they can continue to study online via the Abhisam Learning Portal, which have blended learning modules on every subject that is taught in the workshop.
After learners study it in depth, they can take the Abhisam online exam, that enables them to qualify for an Abhisam Competency Certificate in Process Safety and Environment Management. They also earn an electronic badge via Credly.
It is a great experience for technical professionals working in the Process Industries (Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, Pulp and Paper and Gas based Power Generation). It will be equally useful for engineering professionals working with Engineering design consultants, EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) companies and safety & government authorities that regulate these industries.
Engineers, managers and safety professionals working in the above areas can attend.
What the Blended Learning Workshop offers you
* Three day intensive training in PSM & EM
* Printed Training Material
* Online Access to the relevant software based training courses for 1 year
* Certificate of Participation from Abhisam
* Process Safety & Environment Management Professional certification via exam, that leads to separate certificate and electronic badge via Credly that can be shared online on LinkedIn.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
Note that every module listed here will have a module that is also available online for reference & detailed study later.
BASICS OF PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT
* Basic Concepts of Process Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Functional Safety.
* Hazards & Risks
* Accident and Loss indexes
* Inherently Safe Design
BASICS OF ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
* Basic Concepts of Environment Management
* Releases to Land, Air, Water
TOXICOLOGY & INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
* Toxicity for humans
* Doses & Response
* Relative Toxicity
* Threshold Limit Values (TLV) & related calculations
* Exposure of workers to toxins, dust and noise
* Anticipation & Indentification of Worker Health problems
* Control Methods
* Safety Data Sheets / Material Safety Data Sheets
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS | LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
* OSHA PSM (14 elements)
* EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP)
* ISO 14000 series
* Local Laws and Regulations regarding Safety & Environment
FIRES, EXPLOSIONS and RELEASES
* Basics of Fires & Explosions (Fire Triangle, Flash Point, Autoignition, Ignition Energy, Adiabatic Compression & more)
* Understanding & Calculation of Explosive and Flammable Limits (LEL & UEL values)
*Explosions, Detonations, BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)
HAZARDOUS AREA MANAGEMENT
*Hazardous Area Concepts (Liquids, Gases, Dusts)
*Area, Material & Temperature Classification basics
*Identification of Reactive Chemical Hazards
* Characterization of these hazards
* Control of these hazards
RELIEF AND FLARE SYSTEMS
* Relieving & Flaring Concepts
* Relief Types & Characteristics
* Relief Design, Sizing & Installation
HAZARD & RISK ANALYSIS
* Process Hazard Checklist
* Hazard Surveys
* Hazard & Operability Studies
* Safety Reviews
* Probability Theory
* Event Trees
* Fault Trees
* Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
* Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
* Permit to work System
* Types of Permits
* Procedures for Safety Reviews
* Procedures for Incident Investigations
19-21 September, 2019
Powai/ Andheri, Mumbai.
(Exact location details will be communicated individually to participants who enroll).
How to participate:
Please contact us at email@example.com OR call our India office on +91 22 21732956
To Register please contact us or fill and send the form here